Ozark Mountain Super Shifters Rules and Procedures
Track Entry Fees
Starting Line/ Race
Payout - Members
- Will serve three years.
- Re-election is OK.
- Director is also a board member.
- 2019 Board members:
- Bill Leaf / Director
- Steve Clabough
- Ron Niles
- Gary Klavon
- Mike Rogers
- Standard transmission only, Lencos OK. Foot operated clutch required. Clutch linkage must be mechanical. Mechanical shifters only. No hydraulics or magnets allowed, must be removed. No air cylinders allowed. No clutch-turbos.
- Only full bodied cars and pickups allowed. All cars must pass NHRA, IHRA, OMSS and track tech inspection. Rear wheel drive only.
- Car must dial 10.99 or quicker in 1/4 mile, 8.99 or quicker in 1000 feet, and 6.99 or quicker in 1/8 mile.
- No nitrous oxide allowed. All cars are to be naturally aspirated only. No turbos, superchargers, or electronic fuel injection allowed. Mechanical fuel injection is allowed. Bottles must be removed. May also be asked to disconnect line at solenoid.
- No computer, electronic or air shift allowed. Shifting must be done manually by the driver. No electronic device-throttle stop, delay box, or any other allowed. RPM rev limiter, play back tach, and commercially available data recorders allowed. Any device not meeting tech committee inspection must be removed before race starts--period!
- Fuel may be racing gasoline or racing alcohol (legal weight).
- MUST HAVE an Engine Diaper or approved Belly Pan System
- All Cars and Drivers must meet NHRA/ IHRA Safety Rules
- Driver's name must be on driver side window and be legible from the tower.
- Membership cost for a racer is $150 and $350 minimum sponsor funds.
- For a sponsor to be on the OMSS T-shirts or to have stickers on the cars there is a $500 sponsorship minimum. For members joining late in the season, sponsor requirements will be $175 if less than half of the scheduled races are left to be raced. ($350 total with membership) Alternate drivers for a sponsored car pay membership fee only.
- Racers bringing in a $500 sponsorship or larger are entitled to a 10% return to cover cost (phone bill, mail, printing, T-shirts) if they desire.
- All members MUST display Super Shifter decals and ALL the decals of our sponsors for the year, race, etc. Sponsor decals (NHRA rule) 36 sq.in. Verbal warnings and or payout withholding possible. Upon receiving decals you have until the next race to get them on the car.
Track Entry Fees
- Most tracks give free entry for driver and one crew member. When required, pay entry fee at the gate.
- Take your car to the track's tech area for tech unless informed otherwise. We cannot have OMSS cars in staging for time trials that are not teched and registered with the track!!!
- Surprise tech inspections are possible at any time by the tech crew. At least one or two cars should be teched by the OMSS tech crew at every race.
- Decisions of the Super Shifter tech crew are final.
- If you are broke and cannot race let us know ASAP!
- Pay $50 to secretary-treasurer BEFORE time trials are over. BEFORE THE DRIVER’S MEETING or receive a $20 fine
- Meeting will take place shortly after last time trial. Drivers will draw for ladder pairings. Send a representative if you are unable to attend the meeting.
- DO NOT be the cause of a redrawing for the ladder because of an incorrect car count.
Starting Line/ Race
- Push starts allowed. One burnout across the starting allowed---inform your opponent. Dry hop should not cross the starting unless instructed by starting line personnel.
- Full five-tenths tree. Practice courtesy staging.
- You may change your dial in between rounds. Quicker dial in has lane choice.
- During competition the car committing the first or worst foul is out and the other car is the winner. If the winner has broken (but was staged) it does not have to make the run but must break the beam and may return for the next round. If the winning car is not able to return, BOTH ARE OUT!
- No reruns without tower consultation, both drivers in agreement, and board approval.
- Get paired up with your first round opponent to make a smooth transition for the start of the race. When the track PA calls for us to go to staging you should be rolling and ready to go
- Bye should line up last.
- Points are awarded to the driver.
- No mid-race car swaps.
- 100 points for show-up (if $50 paid)
- 25 points for first round (car must stage under own power -- starter OK -- Note change: engine does not have to be running after performing burnout)
- 25 points for each round advanced. Example: Winner of a 5 round race receives 250 points, runner up gets 225.
Payout - Members
- Payout will vary.
- 21 entries or more the$50 collected prior to the race will be added to that race day's payout.
- Winner is usually $600-$700, R.U. $400-$450, on down to first round loser $75-$100, depending on sponsorship, etc.
- Consolation race will be allowed when time and tracks permit, first round losers will pair up in the lanes behind the first round winners. $20 entry will pay a winner 66%, runner-up 33%. We will draw for a ladder if necessary.
- No $100 cars if 32 car membership field.
- Stickshift racers whose cars meet OMSS rules and have been inspected can participate in one race per season without becoming a full member.
- Entry fee will be $100.
- Payout will be as follows:
- 4 rounds 2nd rd $75, 3rd rd $125 R.U. $200, Win $250
- 5 rounds 2nd rd $75 3rd rd $100 4th rd $150 R.U. $200 Win $250
- In the event of a rain out before completion of first round, the entire race will be rescheduled if possible. Show-up points will be awarded for those in attendance. If first round is completed, event will not be rescheduled. Payout for first round losers and winners will be determined by the board with consideration to the track's fee. Note: There is a possibility that if the race is rained out between first and second round, first round losers having left might be slightly overpaid. This will be adjusted at the next race. If a rainout occurs on a Saturday night and the track offers to trace on Sunday and we can supply enough cars, the race will go on. In the past this wasn't an option. for example, if we had twenty cars at Wichita, and 14 can race Sunday (or whatever is enough to satisfy the track), after traveling that far we need to satisfy the track and earn their payout. Show-up and payout will be determined by the board.